Dev Ops Engineer
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy, manage and troubleshoot staging and production systems. You’ll work to automate and streamline our deployment and system health check processes.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong background in Linux/ Unix administration.
- Experience with shell scripting and automation/ configuration management.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and a good understanding of EC2, S3, EDE and other services.
- Database administration.
- A working understanding of code and script (Any of the following: C++, Python, Perl or Ruby).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always available services.
Ability to administer Nginx, MySQL, Monit, Sphinx etc
Strong problem solving skills.
Experience and Qualification Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of overall experience in professional software engineering.
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience as DevOps Engineer.
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion of learning new skill.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels.